Sunday, December 4, 2011

McDonald's Commercial

I went to McDonald's with my friends this past weekend and as we went through the drive through, my friend was telling me about this commercial that she recently saw on TV about a dad going through a McDonald's drive through, not stopping because his baby was sleeping in the backseat and didn't want to wake her up. So, I went to YouTube to search the commercial. I watched it a few times because I absolutely agreed with my friend and thought that it was a very clever commercial and unlike the various other McDonald's commercials that I have seen. I made another friend watch the commercial with me and asked what they thought about it and what they thought that the message was that McDonald's was trying to share with their customers. He responded with exactly what my other friend and I discussed, to show how important customer service is to them as well as catering to their customers wants and needs. I think that it was definitely a smart move for them to present an emotional advertisement like this because it showed their customers more about McDonald's as a whole and their beliefs and values, instead of just presenting them with the kind of food that they have. It was definitely a creative and successful approach to reach their customers.


No comments:

Post a Comment