Sunday, September 11, 2011

Strong Babies Conquer Milwaukee!

As I walk down Wisconsin Avenue to class, I cannot help but stare at the buses that drive by. I stare at the baby doing a one-handed push-up on the side of the bus and as the bus speeds by I do not catch what the writing underneath the picture says so I continue my walk. I stare again as another bus drives by with a baby flexing and his bicep ripping the sleeve because he is so strong. This time, the bus stops at a light and I have time to read what is written beneath the picture, "a breast fed baby is a stronger baby". This campaign continues for weeks as the City of Milwaukee Health Department tries to inform community members of the healthcare that is offered throughout the city of Milwaukee. The ads are there to encourage families to do certain things that are of big significance to a young child. I think that these ads are very effective because they represent stronger babies and healthier babies--what every parent would want for their own children. It encourages parents that good healthcare is available and is very important in order to have a health and happy baby. The bus drives by and leaves you thinking about the information that was written underneath the picture. Now walking along Wisconsin Avenue, I am more aware of the ads on the buses and find it interesting to take a minute to read and interpret these various advertisements because you may learn something new and valuable for the future. 





No comments:

Post a Comment