Sunday, November 20, 2011

Empty Cradle Campaign

I noticed this advertisement campaign in Milwaukee and it left me thinking about whether or not it is a good and effective advertisement. I am still left up in the air about what I think because I can see both sides. I did some research after seeing this and read an article about the intention of the advertisements and  the reactions of different people. The reactions are mixed, similar to my own. Of course, there are always the extreme people who absolutely love or hate the campaign so it was interesting to hear their views. I think that the advertisements are raw and intense but that may be the intention. I do think, however, that they could have expressed this is a different means without the very provocative ads. The whole point of the campaign is to increase awareness of the dangers that can happen when your baby sleeps in the same bed as your own. In sharing this message, I do not think that the advertisement were an effective way to show it because it was actually a bit confusing and people were more concerned about the picture than the message behind the advertisement.






No comments:

Post a Comment