Thursday, November 3, 2011

Levi's

For my group project, we decided to choose the brand Levi to research. We found ourselves searching for "normal" advertisements--ones that engage the viewer and encourage them to buy their brand but we learned very quickly that this was a more difficult task then we intended. We found commercials and advertisements that we thought were poorly put together and had nothing to do with the jeans. The most difficult task was finding commercials that aimed at women and encouraged them to buy Levi's. Most of the commercials were aimed at both men and women and were sexual, implying nothing about the jeans. Many of the commercials even featured women removing their jeans and walking around in their underwear and we could not understand what impression Levi was going for. As I continued my research, I found that their mission statement and everything that the brand stands for really impressed me but I still questioned their meaning behind their commercials. It seemed like their commercials went against everything that they stood for. They talk about being an "American" or the "original" brand made for people in the workforce. Although I found many of their commercials too revealing and odd, I did find a few that I liked. I don't know if I liked it because it was just a little bit different than the other Levi's commercial or if it was actually a well done commercial. Take a look, what do do you think?
"Walk the Line" commercial is advertising their straight blue jeans for both men and women. I thought that the advertisement encouraged me to continue watching and not to turn it off because I did not know what it was about. I was interested in learning what the commercial was advertising. At the end, when they stated they were advertising Levi straight leg jeans I was left thinking about the commercial and deciphering if I like it or not and most importantly would I buy their jeans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment